Thursday 5 January 2017

Breast Enlargement

You are going to be here reading this for one of two reasons- one you are thinking 'Nicole, what are you doing talking about breast enlargement. I'm worried- let me check on you. OR two 'is there a pic of before and after...' I really hope that the majority of you are thinking number one and if you're thinking number two, you will be severely DISAPPOINTED...
I know it's only a Thursday and this stuff should probably be kept for a Saturday night drinking session but as I get older, I realise that these sorts of hidden truths are what makes taboo subjects so hard to talk about. For months now, I have had a laugh and a joke with my family about starting up a 'boob fund' so that I can achieve a body that I am proud of.
Now before people get on their high horses about 'you have a great body, why are you moaning?' I want you to all just take a step back with a deep breath and hear me out. Yes, I am potentially moaning and yes for some people, I may have a 'desirable' body but the part that most people miss out on these subjects is not how YOU feel about my body but how I feel about it.
I am naturally skinny and I thank the Lord for that because otherwise I would literally be the size of a house but I was blessed/cursed with being tall and skinny, which resulted in a body that never really looked feminine. When I first went to uni, I put a bit of chub on and my boobs were of a reasonable size- I was really happy with that aspect of my body but unhappy with the rest of it. To cut a story short, since then, I lost weight and the skinnier frame became my norm but with a skinnier frame came zero boobage.
Now, some people rock this look but for me, I just didn't feel like a woman and I didn't feel desirable. I hated the way I looked- I shied away from any male contact because I could NOT imagine getting my kit off with being so unhappy with myself. That was when I seriously looked into surgery to help me and if I'm honest, I do still think about it as an option. It's hard for me to see such beautiful woman that are so confident with their body and not want that for myself.
It's terrible but it's actually 'jokes' and comments like these that hurt the most. 

That was a couple of months ago and since then, I've tried to be positive about my body and help from natural ways like putting on a little more weight just to fill it out a bit and there are days when I'm happy with the way I look. Naturally, there are days when I still consider getting a boob job.
I wanted to share with people that no matter what size you are, there is usually SOMETHING you are not happy with- however small it is. I want to tell people that you shouldn't stop sharing these things just because people tell you that 'they would kill for a body like yours'. That is not the point- the point is you want someone to listen, someone to understand and not judge. It is terrible that we judge people on their insecurities before helping them. I hope that this blog post makes you stop and think that next time someone wants to share a worry or an insecurity that they aren't compliment fishing but actually honestly wanting to share.
I have not yet decided what I want to do with my body but it's important that no matter what we feel. think or want; we are always allowed those opinions and thoughts of ourselves. Never silence them for someone else because it's important to share them. Everyone just wants to feel comfortable in their own skin- regardless of their size, shape or colour. 

Love you always. Be kind to yourself today!
post signature

1 comment: