Sunday 8 January 2017

Sunday Subject

I didn't know what to write about for today's blog but I knew that I wanted to blog. To find something to talk about for this Sunday Subject, I did the most exciting thing ever... I went on a random subject prompter on the Internet- I find this the funniest thing I've done in a while. Clearly any imagination that I used to have has gone.
Rather coincidentally this subject came up. I say coincidentally because this moth is January and usually during a new year in January the focus on everyone's mind is food. Thinking about all the food they have consumed, regretting all that food and trying to rectify any damage they did over the Christmas period. I thought it was quite fitting to dedicating a blog towards my relationship to food in the past and now.
If you have read a lot of my blogs, I have touched on my relationship with food and how at a low point in my life, the relationship I had with food was very toxic and turning into a real problem. I always liked the wrong food but thankfully maintained a slim figure. It was in uni that my problems with food started and then it was after uni that I finally got a hold in making food a positive experience.

Like many other people in January, my relationship with food at the moment is trying to be a little healthier- not to lose weight but to simply be healthier and more balanced. It is not a secret that I love all unhealthy foods and because I can eat "whatever I want" without really putting on weight, it makes it even harder to resist. 
I'm not making big changes to my food intake but small manageable changes such as eating salad in replacement of chips or potatoes and eating at least 4 pieces of fruit in a day to increase the vitamins and needed nutrients. I also am trying to drink more water and consume more vegetables. It isn't always the most exciting but my family are also on a very big health kick at the moment and that makes it a bit easier.

That being said, I do not believe in going cold turkey- I don't believe that you should cut out all the things that you crave. I do enjoy some chocolate or sweets when I want them because if you can't indulge every once in a while then what is the point? 
At the moment, that is my relationship with food but I know that I also have the potential to slip back into old bad habits regarding food and restriction of calories so whenever I embark on making changes, I am always mindful of what I want to achieve.
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment