Sunday 15 January 2017

Tattoo Plans

I have always enjoyed looking at small delicate tattoos and have loved the idea of it. I have always been scared for two reasons:

1. They are permanent- call me stupid but the idea of having something on my body for that long makes me a little scared. Although, I seem to be gaining unwanted sun spots on my body that I have no choice to live with so I guess living with a tattoo I have chosen is less of an annoyance.

2. It has to be for a meaning- I always said that I would never get a tattoo out of a whim and it needs to have a meaning behind it but I never found something that I wanted to be meaningful.

Recently though I have been looking at tags on Instagram and Pinterest to find small delicate tattoos that I may want. I found a few that I liked and with the help of my friends and family, I settled on the sweet little dandelion seed.
You may now ask, why a dandelion seed? When I was younger, I was always this child that would believe in magic, dreams and wishes. When you blow a dandelion seed, I was always told to make a wish and then I would watch as the dandelion seed would float off into the distance with hopes my dream and wish would come true. The dandelion seed resembles hope and wishes- I lost a few family members and I also feel the dandelion seed has something angelic about it - that it can float up into heaven. Some may call that silly but I don't care. It is meaningful to me.

Once I had decided on my design - I needed to decide on where to put it on my body. I thought about having it on my wrist and had a trial drawing but because I'm a teacher, I just thought something that obvious would make my job prospects a little more difficult. So instead, I settled on my side.
I have an appointment booked in the next coming weeks so I'm sure I'll show you later when I have it done!

EXCITING!! 
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Did you ever get it? I have considered one just like it.

    ReplyDelete