Saturday 24 January 2015

It's Been So Long!

Hello my old friend,

It feels so weird to not have blogged for literally months... Since last year (cue the sarcastic laughing at my lame joke)! I just looked back and saw that my last blog post was in October. Wow. It's been such a rollercoaster ride recently with working as a teacher and all the stress that comes with that but although it's hard work, I've had the time of my life! I've made such good friends at work and I've also sort of figured out my place in the school. I'm starting to get the hang of it all and trying to redevelop a social life- it's funny to say that I know.

I'm still dead tired but I'm reaping the benefits in my bank balance... Having money is such a good feeling! I know that this year is going to be a good one. I'm going to pass my NQT year and have survived the hardest year of my life and I'm also going to finally graduate from my Uni with my Postgrad degree.

It's so strange to look back to the time that I started this blog at the very start of my first Uni experience to then look at where I am now - a newly qualified teacher in her second term of her NQT year with two degrees under her belt. The only thing I need to do next is pass my driving test and I'll be grand!

It's also weird because I no longer see myself as a child, I have a proper job with a proper income and a direction that I'm going in for the future. Life is pretty good at the moment for me. I'm not always happy nor always excited about how much work I have but I'm more settled in life now than I have been for years. I'm happy. I really am and I'm so excited to get to the end of my NQT year and see where life takes me.

I'm happy and on the days that I don't feel happy, I feel blessed and that is just as good as feeling happy. I'm so lucky to be where I am and it makes me proud of myself to have struggled and fought for my place in the world, which is where I am now!
I want to travel at some point in my life and so I guess I'm working up to finding the money and finding someone to go with.

A little update from me! I'll see you on the flip side of my next blog post... maybe in a year's time ;)

Love you all
,
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment