Thursday 29 January 2015

Throwback Thursday

Considering I haven't been blogging for a while and it is currently parents evening today, I thought I would throwback to my previous parents evening blog and then add a little on the end.

Thursday 9th October 2014: http://nicolespearlsofwisdom.blogspot.co.uk/2014/10/parents-evening.html

This is my second round of parents evening and I gotta say, I am a little less nervous but still nervous nevertheless. I realise that I am taking parent's babies and that's such a big deal to people. It takes a lot for parents to trust another person with their child and every day they end up having to trust me with them. It's a big responsibility but as a teacher, you end up growing to love the children as if they were part of your family and so there's never any second guessing that I wouldn't protect them with my life!

It always makes me feel good when I can show the parents how much I have grown to know their children and how much I can tell about them. It makes me feel like a success when that happens and it's even better when a parent shares their thanks with you. I absolutely love it!

I expect that by the end of the night, my voice will be gone but that's life. I'll remember to take my water bottle today!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment