Friday 4 March 2016

Township Review

I go through stages of obsession; most of the time, these obsessions have to do with watching TV shows because I love watching the stories unravel and the mysteries be revealed. Occasionally, I end up having an obsession with a game. Before, I wrote a review on my last obsession with a game: Criminal Case and I do still play that game from time to time but not religiously every day. My sister introduced me to a new game, which I have become very obsessed it.

It involves running a town- you start with some shops, houses and farming places and slowly but surely, you grow you town and add to it putting in various houses, various factories to make different goods as well as community buildings that help to expand your population. Below are some screenshots of my game play to help me explain what happens in the game. So you come to the main screen and you see where all your buildings are- you can change the layout and add in different decorations for your own pleasure and wants.
To get money, you can fill create goods in the factories using the crops that you grow on your fields. These goods can be used for many different purposes- you can store them and sell them to people as individual items or there are orders that come in from the people that live in your land. To fulfil an order, you need to have all the goods that they want and then the helicopter delivers their order which in turn gives you money and XP points.

Alternatively, you can send your goods via the train station. When you fill all the carriages of your train, it goes away for a certain amount of time and brings back building materials- these are essential for building more community buildings, which helps to increase your overall population. You can't add in more houses until you have more community buildings.
It's quite frustrating a times trying to fill an order or fill the train so there are two options for you- for each train, you can ask someone for help and your neighbours can fill the carriages for you. But if you can't wait, there is also a great community building that you can add to your town which is the city market that updates every 5 or so hours and gives you new goods that you can buy- sometimes the things that you need!
Overall, I really enjoy the game because you can leave it for a day if you stack up the goods you want to make and when you return to it, your goods will be made and you can build/send trains/send helicopters straight away. The only thing that drives me crazy sometimes is the length of time it takes to make a certain product or the amount of objects it takes to start making goods.

It's perfect for me because I forget to play games during the day so I only ever play them when I'm at home so I usually stack up the goods orders in the morning quickly and then when I get home, I can sell them/send the trains etc to get more points. It's not demanding either because although you wait for your goods, they don't spoil if you don't pick them up in time; it just carries on as if you had never been gone, which is great. I hate the games where the food spoils or the crops die if they aren't collected by a certain time!

I love this game and if you wanna give it a try, let me know how you find the game! If you have a different game that you are loving at the moment, I would love to check it out so leave me a comment. :)

xxx
post signature

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I was wondering if you could put a picture of your whole town. I really like how you did on your town.

    ReplyDelete