Tuesday 26 July 2016

I Did It!

Today was the day that I finally passed my driving test- I had to take a cheeky selfie to prove to everyone I did it. I also managed only 1 minor during my driving test, which I thought was amazeballs. It made me so happy to have passed today.

Unfortunately, I would've loved to have said I passed first time but I didn't. This was my second attempt at passing and when I first failed, I truly thought I was the biggest failure out there but now that I've had time to process it, I don't mind. I don't mind that I failed first time because just because you pass first time, it doesn't mean that you're a better driver. My first failure was because of another road user (a large van) did not follow the road rules and as a consequence made my right choices a major. On the day, I was devastated- as my family and friends would tell you, but now I think, so what?

And actually talking to other people, not passing first time is far more common than passing first time but people don't talk about it. So if you're out there and feel crap because you didn't pass first time, know that it doesn't matter! It doesn't mean you're a bad driver, it might've just been the circumstance, weather or your feelings. It's fine to pass second, third or even fifth time!

I'm so happy that I can close the chapter of learning to drive and move onto a new challenge and adventure. What that adventure is, I do not know!

Yippee. What a great day it is!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment