Sunday 24 July 2016

Nostalgia

Oh heyyyy!
Yep, you've got it. It's the holidays so that means Miss Ryan gets enough time off of work to even give my blog a second thought and when I give it a second thought, I always miss it and come crawling back to it. I come crawling back, begging for anyone to read it like a sad little lost puppy begging for its owner to come and find it...

Summer holidays... Doesn't it feel good? (Sincere apology to those people who no longer get to feel the excitement of a summer holiday)

Anyway, today has been a pretty chilled day- it's been a day, in fact a weekend, filled with a little sense of nostalgia. So I feel like a blog to tell you about this nostalgia is in order.
Yesterday I traveled out of London to go and visit an old Uni friend that I hadn't seen in what felt like years. It is crazy to think that I left Cardiff Uni 3 years ago. How bizarre is that?! We went walking along the canal and it was so lovely to chat to him about everything that has happened recently and reminisce about our uni antics. We went for a pub lunch and chilled before I came back to London.

This really set the tone for my weekend as I just kept finding my mind wandering back to the past and people that I have lost along the way and those that I have been lucky enough to hang onto. I think the fact that I have never had a year without a summer holiday with endless hours to fill time with thinking makes me always gets nostalgic around this time. All this thinking did make me realise that I'm actually pretty good at keeping friends- from my primary school best friend, to my high school best friends and even friends I have found along the way on the Internet.

It also made me realise that I am finally getting old... Not old old like a granny but I am not longer a teenager or even a young adult. Now with my job and my savings for the future, I feel like I'm actually an adult. Luckily for now, I'm not yet at the adult stage of my life when I can say I have a husband and children but we'll take those steps slowly.

I do miss being young and somewhat innocent. I miss lazy days where I don't my mind wandering to other responsibilities in my life- I can just spend all day on MSN talking to my friends late into the night. 
I guess those days will always hold fond memories in my heart but there's something about the inability to go back that makes them special and untouchable. 

Okay, enough with this all. Such a strange rambling today but it felt right to blog. Can't blame creates itself when it feels right!

I'm outta here!

Just to end this blog- here I am as a mermaid. (I'm a little bit obsessed with Snapchat filters at the moment- don't judge me because I make a badass mermaid!)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment