Friday 29 July 2016

The Legend Of Tarzan Review

When I first saw the initial photos of Alexander Skarsgård as Tarzan, I immediately said to all of my friends that no matter whether they wanted to see it or not, we were going to see Tarzan when it came out. I could not miss the film that came with that body. I mean, oh my goodness- surely this is what dreams are?
As soon as I came out of the cinema, I turned to my friend and asked where I could find myself a Tarzan- something about the possessiveness and the primal feeling he gave searching for the woman he loved. Nothing, not even hundreds of men were going to stand in his way. The film is good but part of it is just playing on the hearts of women with all the shirtless scenes and the hot make out sessions that they have.

When I first heard that they were making Tarzan a 'live action' film, I thought they were going to remake the Disney classic. I absolutely adore the original Disney Tarzan but with Alex in this film, I love this one just as much! I was surprised when my friend told me before I went and saw it that it was a continuation- which I didn't really understand when she first told me.

I was even more confused when the film started in what looked like old London with Tarzan/John Clayton in a suit in a grand manor with servants. I did question whether or not I had come in the wrong cinema screen.  So basically, the premise of the story is that John Clayton left Tarzan behind and his mother and father were very rich, which he took over from after he found and married Jane. Then a proposal came for him to return to Africa to help stop the slavery of the African people and tribes.
The film then changes to the African setting with Tarzan meeting with his old friends- humans and animals. Unfortunately, as always, there is a bad guy that takes the one thing that Tarzan would do anything for- his wife. The rest of the film is about Tarzan doing anything he can to get her back. As you could predict, it involves the classic Tarzan noise, swinging from vines and you guessed it, topless fighting and running.

What a man!

I loved this film because not only did it tell the story beyond the Disney film but it also was so emotionally charged and it felt like the characters were real and the emotions they were feeling were real. Call me a hopeless romantic if you will but I truly did feel like he would do anything for Jane. Also Margot Robbie is an absolute babe!
5 stars from me! Go and see it 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment