Monday 28 December 2015

2015 Look Back

There isn't a year that goes by that doesn't have its ups and down with my life. Now I don't know if it's just me thinking about life too much but whenever I take a glimpse into anyone else's life, it never seems as crazy as my life.
This year has been split down the middle between almost losses to great achievements. I thought I would sum up some of the highlights and 'lowlights' of 2015.
This ended up being the year that I thought I could have a year from heartache and loss but in actual fact, it saw me seeing almost 2 deaths of people that I am most close to. I normally don't share this part of my life because I don't think it's necessary (and also I rarely find myself blogging during term time).
But at the start of the year, I watched my Dad have a heart attack, which was the most scary thing in my entire life. Thankfully he was fixed and everything worked out right. The next near loss I had was with my disabled aunt where I actually had to check for a pulse (which I did not find). Again thankfully I can blog about near losses rather than actual losses. The brush with death I've had this year is definitely all I want to handle for many years to come...
Me and my papa!! This photos brings me nicely onto my next memory of this year, which was graduating with my second degree! I worked so hard to get to where I am now in my career and it's nice to have these memories to treasure!
My two cheeky nephews grew into such funny and smart little boys who I love with all my heart. They astound me everyday and one of the best things in my life right now is being Auntie Nic Nic. I absolutely love it.
I completed my NQT year as a teacher and now feel somewhat confident in my job, feeling like I know what I'm doing and actually benefit the children I teach. This year I have realised that being a teacher is hard and overwhelming but it is something that is worth it.
I am on my way to being ready to pass my driving test- not yet but I definitely am looking forward to the day my instructor says to book a test. And I have my dream car, Poppy the Polo, to drive when I pass.
Summing up the year, it has been a good one. I've achieved a lot and as always I am thankful for my family and the love that we share. There really isn't a greater family than mine and I feel so blessed to have them all!
I hope your year has been equally as good and my hopes are that it has been even better than mine! And remember, if life hasn't given you all that you wanted, you can change that. You don't have to sit around waiting for some divine intervention- you can be the pilot of your own life and make it everything you wanted and more.

And on that note, for this Bank Holiday Monday, I am going to spend it with my cheeky nephew Jacob. Ta'ra!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment