Tuesday 29 December 2015

5 Ways To Tell It Is Half Term/The Holidays

Many people might say that complaining is one of my favourite hobbies but they are wrong. I dislike complaining that I am always busy and have no time but the fact of the matter is, when I am at work- I literally have no time. I get so busy that I forget about being Nicole- I feel like I am just Miss Ryan. Being off from school makes me appreciate myself again and it makes me dedicate time to finding myself. Sometimes I truly do feel lost.

I've realised that when it is half term/the holidays, there are 5 tell tale signs to know. So here is my list of clues to tell you that I am off of work.

1. Nicole blogs.
I never seem to have time to blog when I'm at school because I'm too busy being preoccupied with planning and making resources or finishing off the last bit of marking from that day. The last thing I want to do is spend more time on the computer and type out a blog. When I blog, especially when I blog consistently, you are almost going to be right if you said I was off of work- it makes me happy and a little sad that I do come back to blogging but it is only when I am off work. I know I should blog more.
2. Nicole looks well put together and decent.
I won't say that I look a state when I go to school for work but it is definitely not as nice as I could look. The last thing I want to be doing when I'm half asleep is make myself look the best I can be because who would it really be for? I love being able to take the time to do my hair, experiment with the clothes I wear and put on make up that actually makes me look like a human being.

I also love a cheeky selfie during these days ;)

3. Nicole is happy to talk about everything and anything.
I try not to be but when I'm at work, I tend to come up a little bit moody and miserable. I've spoken about this with other teachers and I've come to the conclusion that by the end of the day, my face really hurts. It really hurts because from the time my children enter the classroom to the second they leave, I am smiling. I am smiling even if I don't want to smile- especially on those days where the only thing you want to do is cry and fall asleep. I smile because I want them to have a happy and safe place in school. But have you tried to smile every since day without fail for hours on end and then come home and want to smile and be happy still? 

It's bad but when I go home, it's my chance to just be- to not put on a smiley face or to be overly exciting and animated so I end up not talking and most of the time, I do look a bit miserable even if I'm not. The school day does tend to zap all of my energy and my emotional capabilties.

4. Nicole stays up past 10:30.
And actually stays up for her own benefit. Now, I don't go to bed ridiculously early on a school night- usually I'm in bed by 10 but not asleep until 11ish but on half terms, I will actively stay up late doing whatever I want and even not sleep until 1/2 in the morning. It means that I can make the most of my entire day and it feels nice to be able to stay up late without worrying about being tired the next day. I'm really sad, aren't I?
5. Nicole has time for herself.
When I'm at work, I usually only have Saturday to myself as Sunday is my planning and making resources day- this means that I don't really get that much free time to truly enjoy it. But when it is the half term/holidays, I make sure that I make time for me- I make time for all the things that I never usually get to do. This half term, I managed to get myself a new driving instructor and have some driving time. Previously, I had given it up because I had too much on my plate and was literally working myself to sickness... It meant that I gave something up that was for me and it really did upset me.

I'm glad that this half term, I have managed to get back to something I love and I strive to keep doing lessons when I am back at school- it does me good to make that time for myself. Not only have I been able to take time for driving but I've also had the chance to do some baking and reading during the holidays.
And those are the 5 ways you can tell I am not at work. If you ever see me blogging consistently again, double check the rest of the ways to see if I'm off work. I can assure you these 5 ways are the biggest give away that I am nt working...

Do you have any differences to yourself when you're not at work? Lemme know below!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment