Thursday 24 December 2015

Christmas Eve Outfit of the Day (OOTD)

Hi beauties,

Now, if you know me, you will know that I am not a fashionista- I do not follow many trends nor do I look great in them when I do- but today, I wanted to glam myself up a little. These next couple of pictures are going to split people down the middle- those that are naturally glam, beautiful and well put together all the time that will think "that's nothing special" and the rest of us normal people that wear something nice and rarely think they look great who will think "that looks really pretty." I'm hoping most of you are normal people.

The truth is, I don't think I'm that pretty and at the moment, I really do not like the way my body looks so it is a big achievement of mine to even like what I look like most days so I thought I would share it with you:
My hair is usually down, long and straightened because I have a really big hang up about my neck.. yes, my neck. My friends aliken me to a giraffe because I have a really long neck and because I'm skinny, it usually shows even more! This means that I like to hide my neck behind my mop of hair but I've really been enjoying this pulled back bun with some volume on top. I think it looks really classy and cute!
Some simple black jeans always gets you started well to look classy and a little glam. I have two side notes to this outfit:

 Side note 1 - these jeans are probably the only jeans that properly fit me and hug my legs like skinny jeans are meant to. Over the last year or so, for some reason, I've lost weight, especially around my thighs (I think it's the stress and long hours of my job) but it means that in the new year, I will need to go jean shopping...

♥ Side note 2 - the necklace that I am wearing, which I adore, was given to me as a gift from one of my children from my class last year and I LOVE it. I think it pulls it altogether and matches my golden jumper!
And this is the completed look with a little bit of an Instagram filter (I still have hang ups!)

I am actually really impressed with how I look and  for once I'm happy with myself. That's the main part of this blog that I wanted to share. For today, I like the way I look. And to tie it all in together, I got my nails done yesterday- it's a very pretty pinky/purpley colour with a few sparkles for the holidays! 
Love yourself! 

Merry Christmas all :) xxxx 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment