Wednesday 7 November 2012

4 more years...

I woke up this morning to find that Obama has been re-elected as President of the United States for the next 4 years. If I'm honest, I was hoping that he would be- not because I know anything that his constituency involves or any policies he wants to implement but because he looks like a cool dude. He's one of those political figure heads that you know can get "down with the kids" so to speak (yes, I cringed writing that too, but I couldn't figure out a way to put it any other way.)

I have no idea about American politics, mainly because I don't have to, but from what we get to see, it doesn't seem as if Obama has "screwed" up America any more than it already was. In fact, I think he's done a pretty good job given the way it was handed to him from Bush. I'd even go as far to say that he's done well in raising America out of the terrible situation Bush left them with. The war in Iraq is nearly over, at least we hope it is, and everywhere the economy is rubbish but hopefully new employment opportunities will be created.

Now the vote is over, none of us (not like I did in the first place) have a say on how the next four years are going to go. It's just a situation that has to play out, and if America got it wrong; they got it wrong. The whole point of electing someone is making sure everyone gets their say and chance to make a difference. I'm excited to see how well Obama does, or as Mitt Romney likes to think; how bad he will screw America over.

It's quite wrong how interested in the American election we (including myself) are, but when it comes to our own Prime Minister election, some of us don't even understand or care the politics behind the people.

Good Luck Obama, I'm sure you'll do your very best for your country. Here's to the next four years!

I'm off to school.
Have a wonderful day, it's half way through the week- only 2 more days til the weekend; if that doesn't give you something to smile about, I don't know what will.
Nicole xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment