Saturday 10 November 2012

Miss Ryan no more...

I completed my first full week at a primary school, and I think I did pretty darn good if you ask me. I didn't just stand around observing and doing nothing, I got involved and worked with groups of children making sure they were engaged and involved in the learning process. I got good praise from the teachers I worked with and I think from the number of compliments and hugs I got from the children that they approved of how I worked too. The only thing I need to do now is get the confidence to send off my application for PGCE knowing that if I do get accepted; I'm going to have to be a teacher. It's a scary thought even though it's what I want to do. It'll be completely different. I will be central to the children's learning and although it's what I want; it's still scary to think about.

Now that it's over and I have to travel back to uni tomorrow, I have come to the realisation that I should've worked harder on my assignment over the week. I am now sitting on my sofa surrounded by lots of paper, and multiple tabs open trying to complete the assignment to the best of my ability. I can tell you this now, I have NOT done this assignment anywhere near the standard that I could. I'm feeling so guilty for the preoccupation of my mind on school and not my assignment and I hope that somehow I can pull a fairly good grade out of the bag. I'm so worried that I won't be able to. I'm petrified that I'm going to get this assignment back and feel the crashing waves of disappointment roll over me the second I see the mark. I'm trying to be positive in the fact that I've probably done better than I think but I know that I haven't.

I can hear you all saying, there's still time and to stop moaning and get on with it to make it better and trust me I am with all my will and power. Pray for me and keep everything crossed so I don't completely flop my third year.

I will miss being called Miss Ryan and being a figure of authority but for now, I think I'm quite happy to be the semi-lazy, and semi-stressed student that doesn't have that much of responsibility except for herself.

So, I say have a wondeful weekend, and bid you farewell from a very stressed Nicole. Hopefully I'll be back with another blog soon, and won't have died from this assignment. AU REVOIR!

No comments:

Post a Comment