Thursday 8 November 2012

Give blood...

Firstly, another instalment of how Nicole is getting on in school - I worked in year 2 today and there's only one thing that I can say about it. I do not want to teach children any lower than year 3... I thought that I would like the younger children more than the older ones because they're cuter but let me tell you, this experience has been enlightening. They weren't naughty, and they were definitely lovely but gosh can they moan and cry. Don't even get me started on how they lack the skills of sharing. They moan about someone being able to carry the sheet over to the carpet, and end up crying if they don't get their own way. It was the first time this week that I legitimately felt like I was losing my patience with them (to clear up, I was just getting annoyed, nothing more than internal losing of patience).

Also, the lack of ability to write properly annoys me when I know it shouldn't. I don't know whether or not it was just a weird day where I was tired and impatient, but it got to me. I think from this, I can tell that I want to have the challenge of the older kids. Whether I can handle them or not is another thing, but we'll see how that goes.

After work, I went and gave blood at one of the centres that had been put in place for the service. I was nervous because it had been so long between the first time I gave blood and now. But once I got on the bed, and the needle was in my arm, I was perfectly fine. It went really quickly as it had done before and I wasn't light-headed by the end of it. I wish we could give blood more in the year (and not have to wait 6 months to do it again) but whenever I get the chance, I definitely want to donate more. Last time I tried to donate, I was low on iron and so this time I was prepared. I took natural iron supplements and ate lots of food that was high in iron and it worked perfectly. My blood dropped down into the solution as soon as it was pipetted into it telling me my iron levels were fine.

I love giving and knowing that my blood donation today could be used to save a life. It is such a good feeling. If any of you have thought about it and wanted to give blood, you definitely should give it a try. You can pull out at any time, even when they are drawing blood- you just have to speak up and they'll take the needle out. It's a wonderful thing to do and makes you proud to know you've helped in anyway you can.

Over and out! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment