Saturday 3 November 2012

Finally home!

After 6 weeks of being at uni and missing my family, I finally made it home and I love it.

I love uni and living on my own but there's nothing like being surrounded by those you love and are happiest with. When I get sad, or when the stresses of work get too much; I always long to be at home with my family and cats. The overwhelming need to be around them is one that I don't think I'll ever understand but I am proud to say I am very much a home girl. In the words of Dorothy, there really is no place like home.

There's nothing like the intense feeling of relief when the coach sets off from Cardiff knowing that in a couple of hours, I'm going to be back. I loved that feeling yesterday- even if my coach was late making me miss my train but this is no time to be moaning.

As well as being able to be with my family, being home means I get to catch up with my friends from home that I have missed being in Cardiff. Yesterday night, I got to spend magical hours with 3 of the best friends ever in Nandos. Whenever I go out with them, they never fail in making my cheeks and ribs hurt from laughing so much. They make me happy and the stresses of work and uni just fades away into the distance. And this morning  I got to spend more magical moments with my oldest friend, Gerri and it didn't even matter that we did nothing but sit around and talk; because that was the perfect way to spend the time with her. The catch-ups are always amazing no matter how big or little, long or short they are.

Unfortunately, my trip home is not all fun and games. I have an assignment to complete ready for the Monday when I go back. And I'm completing a week in my old primary school, observing and doing some work experience before I send off my application for a PGCE course. I am scared, nervous and a little excited. I think this week is either going to make me send my application off or rip it up and re-evaluate my life.

I'll be sure to update you on how I get on, because I know everyone is dying to know about my life ;) (in case you didn't get the sarcasm, this IS a joke, haha)

I'm off to see the fireworks for bonfire night! Hope you all have a magical evening, and enjoy the weekend!
Lots of love, Nicole xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment