Monday 5 November 2012

First day at school...

So, I spent my first full day in a primary school for work experience and it was enlightening. I was in year 6 and the kids were lovely, if not a little full on sometimes. I remember a couple of times having to tell them that the stuff they were doing/talking about was not related to the task and so to concentrate on the work. Despite this, I loved it and I'm pretty sure I do want to be a teacher in the future. I liked the whole set up but would definitely like the control of a classroom, even if I am pretty scared. I think I did fairly well for a first day. I got involved and the kids seemed to like me; at the end I had gotten a hug, a girl telling me I was pretty and groans when they heard that I wasn't going to be staying for the rest of the week. If that's not acceptance, I don't know what is.

Tomorrow, I'm going to be working in year 4 and I'm excited to see how the kids vary from the age groups. I have to say I was immensely impressed with the English lesson I was in this morning. Some of them children have a promising future in writing and it's amazing. When I was reading some of their sentences, I don't think I could have written it any better, if not as good as it was. Now, I'm a little worried that they're going to pose as real tough competition to me, haha!

This is the outfit I chose to wear. It took me a fairly long time to decide what image I wanted to give across to my past teachers who I would be working with but I was quite happy with what I had come up with. It gave a sense of importance and teacher'ness to the children and said I was serious in observing and working to become a teacher. Did I hit the look on the head?

I have a feeling this blog is going to turn into a fashion blog if I'm not careful (not that I have any fashion sense whatsoever, but in the sharing my outfit sense).

I'm less nervous on how the rest of the week will go now that I've completed probably the toughest day. But the staff room banter is not for me; I sit there for the hour break just waiting for the time to go so that I can get back to work. I think I'm going to take my laptop in and do some work during my lunch hour so that I can get some of my assignment out of the way during the day.

I now have to motivate myself to start work after I have already been busy since 7AM. The life of a real adult is beginning for this week.

Over and out for Miss Ryan, see you tomorrow class ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment