Sunday 4 November 2012

Love who you are...

I'm taking a break from doing my assignment because I am stuck on what to write next. The most natural thing for me to do is go from one writing assignment to another writing activity. I'm a writer at heart; it just makes sense. Although, this type of writing is never taxing or a chore; I love it.

As I was taking a break and browsing through my Facebook as I usually do, I came across this picture and however cheesy and teenager'ish it looks, I think it holds a valuable message that we should all understand and take with us through our journey of life. Naturally, I had to blog about it...

I know, regardless if people say it or not, all of us have a greatest want in life of being loved by another or others and for this family doesn't really count because they love you unconditionally. But the truth is, how can you expect someone else to love you for everything you are and everything you're not or for you to truly love someone else; if you don't 100% love yourself beforehand? It's one of the hardest things that we have to accept and subsequently put into action but I can assure you that the second you accept yourself and wholly love yourself; you'll be a lot happier in life.

The reason we all aren't perfect is because we are all individuals and our flaws make us who we are. Some people think they have no flaws whatsoever, other people ignore their flaws and others simply let them drown all the confidence they may have in themselves by dwelling on their lack of perfection. None of the things I have stated is healthy for people. We have to understand that the flaws we have are why people love us. It may sound opposite to what we are thought to believe, but it's true. If we were all overly confident, our modesty wouldn't make us lovable. If we were all good at everything we do, we wouldn't be able to have a talent that makes us stand apart from others. We'd all be the same.

Our imperfections are what makes us perfect. Embrace flaws, and know that there is someone out there that will love you for everything you aren't. But to allow for that, we have to love ourselves, wholly and completely.

Cheesy Sunday blog is over, thankfully (until next time!). On this rainy Sunday evening, I am embracing my flaws of being self-conscious, irrational, neurotic and a little too nerdy for my liking, amongst a big handful of other things. But I know it's these things that make me modest, humble and genuinely caring for everyone I know. I appreciate all that I have- I'm lucky.

Embrace yourself and enjoy the Monday morning feeling tomorrow! All my love! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment