Thursday 22 November 2012

Hospital antics

So, I had my first scare of chest pains today. I went to the doctors because it kept hurting for more than 2 days and nights and it had happened before and had been hurting for a week before it stopped the second I decided to go to the doctors.

Although, now as I sit here and write this blog, I feel like a complete idiot for even going to the doctors in the first place when I knew that the chest pains were probably just related to my recent illness and my stressful workload; but me being me didn't want to trust my own diagnosis on something that is always said to be checked out whenever it happens; I'm a linguist not a doctor after all. Chest pains aren't taken lightly by doctors and I assumed that they shouldn't by me.

I went there and the doctor sent me away with a prescription for a change of pill, but after 10 minutes, he rang me up again and told me he wanted me to get a blood test that tested for blood clots due to the previous blood clot my mother had a couple of years back. Unfortunately for me, the closest hospital was already full and so he sent me to the hospital that was on the other side of Cardiff (1hr and a half walking or 45 minutes with public transport.) I decided if I was gonna have to spend money travelling, I might as well spend the little bit extra and get a taxi.

I was up the hospital for about 3 hours where they gave me a blood test and did an ECG on me which was weird. But after the 3 hours, they told me that the test came back negative and I didn't have a blood clot.

As I left the hospital, I kinda wished something had been wrong just so I didn't feel like I had wasted their time or mine as well as my money. But then I realised that in the long run, I would've hated to have something wrong. Although I felt stupid for appearing to make something out of nothing; it wasn't my choice to go to the hospital and instead my doctor's orders and so I feel a little less retarded.

Anyway, I'm thankful that I am healthy and that I am going to be fine.

Chest pain drama over!

No comments:

Post a Comment