Saturday 4 May 2013

Sally Hansen Review

Bear with me please because I am in no ways a beauty guru. But I have been using a clear nail varnish that promises maximum growth by Sally Hansen and I thought: why not give this beauty review malarkey a go... So, here I am.

My old New Year's resolutions for the longest of times was 
"Do not bite your nails."

And I failed each and every year. I noticed that the second I stopped making that New Year's resolution  I begun to have better nails than when I tried. It must be something about the way your brain brings it to the forefront of your mind when you're not allowing yourself to do it, making it more noticeable to your conscious mind and then ultimately making you not able to stop thinking about it until you have bitten your nails.
Sally Hansen
Maximum Growth Clear Nail Varnish
Daily Nail Varnish Treatment
Boots: £4.75

Before, whenever my nails would grow, they would be translucent, brittle and dry. Whenever they grew, they would snag/chip/break within one day of me doing anything with my hands. I hated it. I have long, skinny fingers that I always get told look like skeleton fingers and so they aren't the most attractive. When you think of femininity  you can't help but think of those beautiful women in nail adverts with long, manicured nails and I used to always crave them.

Since using this nail varnish, I have found that my nails have grown faster and stronger with a lot less translucent tips- they actually look fairly white by themselves, which I think is a miracle. The best part is that they don't chip anywhere as easily as they did before. I can do the washing up and they will be a bit weaker from the moisture but once dry, they'll go back to being strong again. I absolutely love it. And the fact it's called Maximum Growth, I feel like there's something psychological that goes on in your brain that tells you not to bite your nails. Or it could be that way for just me...

I strongly recommend anyone who is wanting to grow their nails or can grow their nails but they are really weak to give it a try. And it's not even that expensive. Bargain and brilliant. Love it!

And you can always put a pretty coloured coat on top if you want like I have done:
No7 Stay Perfect Nail Colour
Totally Teal
Boots: £6.00
Hardly chips and a very nice consistency for smooth application 
So, there we have it, my first ever beauty blog review. Tick that one off my blog bucket list. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed sharing with you! Have a wonderful weekend.
Lots of love,
Nicoleybean! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment