Thursday 23 May 2013

Throwback Thursday

Back in the old days, we didn't have the beauty of taking pictures, looking at them and deleting them if they weren't liked to take another. We had a camera roll that was placed in a cheap camera that was then sent off to be developed without you knowing what the picture was that you took. It was expensive especially given the fact that for some camera rolls there are about 10 photos of about 30 that had been covered by putting your thumb over the lens. Nevertheless, it was the only way that people could document their lives. 

For today and however many Thursdays to come that I can provide pictures for, I thought that perhaps it'd be nice to do a Throwback Thursday segment where I show you some of the pictures that my Mum and Dad took of me and my family from when I was young. I spent most of the morning looking around the house trying to find the physical albums that are stashed everywhere in this house and found some photos to share with you. Given the fact this was the 90s, the photo quality was and is not in any way, shape or form great, none of this HD crap so please bear with me and the photos.

Firstly, a couple of pictures of me that were taken around a month after I was born- July 1992. My Mum apparently liked setting us all up for photo-shoots with her trusty camera.


I have no idea what my parents did to make us all look so happy for this picture but it makes me smile because it just shows the very best of childhood- innocence and pure happiness. I feel like I was just laid across my sister's lap without them truly wanting me there (probably secretly hating that there was another baby in the house) but these are some of the youngest photographs I found of myself and I treasure them with all my heart. 

As always, I have been ahead of the fashion world, setting new trends and looking the very best of the bunch with my stylish clothes. I know as you all peer upon these wonderfully put together outfits, the green eyed monster is attaching itself to your back- just don't be jealous, not everyone can be as cool as I was in the fashion stakes.


The belly showing tops were the height of fashion when I was younger and apparently so was dressing your child in the same clothes as one another. You will see a LOT more of this trend as the Thursday's go along because there were so many of us and that meant that my Mum and Dad needed a way to keep track of us all. We rocked the synchronised outfit looks. Even my brother wore a fetching pink top to be part of the Ryan gang. We were so cool!

Also, it wasn't just old pictures that I found during my search for my past. I also found videotapes that I'm not sure children nowadays would know what they were. We have so many of the things with all our favourite films on them but we no longer have a tape player to ever use them again.. I feel like it's a relic from the stone age but I used to love and live for these ridiculously big tapes to play my films.
You've got to love reliving the past. I think I'm going to enjoy this Throwback Thursday segment a lot and I hope you like it too. You get to experience adult Nicole but never got to see young Nicole but here is your chance. I'll be showing pictures of me, my siblings but also a few snaps of my Mum and Dad/Nan and Grandad when they were younger. I'm so excited for next Thursday to share more of my life with you.

You don't remember this part of your life nor can you go back to relive it and so photographs are invaluable and I absolutely love these precious moments I get to see now that I am approaching my 21st birthday.

I hope you enjoyed the new segment and are looking forward to the next one. Hope you all have a lovely day and remember it's Friday tomorrow meaning the weekend is almost here.

Lots of love to you all as usual,
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment