Friday 31 May 2013

The Hangover III Review

As a celebration of finishing my degree yesterday, me and my housemates went out to see The Hangover III. The reviews that I had heard were of a mixture between it was funny but not as good as the last two or it wasn't funny at all and ruined the whole franchise. I personally feel like it was funny but not as good as the first two, which is like the majority of films out there. The first one is new, exciting and the concept before has rarely been explored and so around every corner, there's something unexpected and it's hilarious. As the sequels go on, they get more and more predictable with very few novelty scenes and so this almost always equates to boring.
Even though you knew exactly where this film was heading, they still managed to put in one liners that had me cracking up. I can laugh at almost anything so it was awesome for me. Granted, the laughs were not every minute of the film but I expected a lot less from them when I went in. The one good thing about this film, in my opinion, is that they didn't go down the route of drugging them, which I thought would've made the film a lot worse. There's nothing worse than a repeated plot to the extent where you could be watching the same film.

My favourite part has to be the appearance of the Hangover baby Carlos. He was super cute, and probably broke loads of women's hearts at the very short time he was present. There's nothing else that can make a woman love a film than an adorable baby that makes her want to have one of her own. It tied the films together great and I love the flashbacks from the first two films that were littered throughout this one. It makes the film better because you could see the journey that they had all gone on, if that makes any sense.

Finally, Bradley Cooper is hot. There's nothing more to say and nothing less. That's a bonus in itself.

For Hangover III, I think I'm going to give it a 3.5/5 because it wasn't the best film but it was funny and I enjoyed seeing it. I personally don't really like sequels because of the notorious bad press they have of always being rubbish but this one topped my expectations, which were pretty low to start with. If you love The Hangover films, you have to see it just for the fact it's probably, and hopefully in some people's cases, the last that will be made.

Also, side note- don't rush out of the cinema the second the credits start rolling. There is a bonus clip at the end that I seriously suggest you don't miss.

Have a great Friday. It's finally the weekend!!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment