Thursday 13 March 2014

I'm Useless

I can't save people's lives even though I really, really want to; especially in the past couple of years. I'm useless.

I can't change people's health and I can't stop people from dying. I'm useless.

I can't cure cancer and I can't map/eradicate genetic diseases that steal people from our lives. I'm useless.

But

I have blood. 

I have blood that can be used to save people's lives. I have blood that can change people's health making them better and stopping them from dying. I'm useful.

I have blood that can help fight cancer. I'm useful.

In life, there are not many things that you can do but there are small things that make us feel useful.

Today, I am giving blood with my Dad.

It takes 10 minutes to give a pint of blood that can be used to save someone's life. You can be useful too if you have the courage to give blood.

Today, I'm useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment