Thursday 25 April 2013

Discrimination & Funny Looks

Having been brought up around people with various disabilities, I believe that I have grown into a fine person where for the most part I can see people for who they are and not the medical condition that have. I feel like I can see past it and not discriminate or judge someone for the way they look or act. I can smile at them instead of walking away in fear and/or turning back round to stare. 
It has always annoyed and bothered me to the high heavens and right back again when people discriminate against those with disabilities who people wouldn't consider "normal" and give them funny, and sometimes really rude and disgusted looks. Trust me, in my time, I have seriously wanted to punch a few nobs in the head for doing just that to my family members. I can't fathom why people see those who are different as being a good target to be the butt of their jokes. It makes me so mad and so upset.

I feel like with my Communication Disorders module, I can become an even better person and appreciate those who have a lot more to contend with than your average person by getting to know about those conditions that people stare at and make fun of. Knowledge is power and I know people stare and judge because they have a serious problem with lack of knowledge and intelligence. Yesterday, whilst I was watching copious Youtube videos avoiding work, I came across so many nasty comments that made fun of people with disabilities and it made me so mad to the point that it just makes me wonder what the hell our species is turning into!

People are so inherently judgemental and so self-centred that they don't even realise how horrible they are being in their what they believe are funny remarks. It makes me wish that there was a way of taking those types of people and make them experience the medical condition as well as the negativity they receive in the streets etc. from people like them who make jokes and laugh at others.

Is it really too much to ask people to treat others with an ounce of respect and dignity for the human being that is separate from the condition; that feels and hurts just like me and you? I challenge you all next time you look at someone who is different and think whatever negative thought you are, just take a step back and stop yourself.
The most loving, and happiest people in my life are those that are laden with a condition that is so unfair and unkind to the very core of their innocent nature. They are kind, gentle and the nicest people you could ever meet and shame on any of you who think otherwise and choose to be horrible about people just because you don't understand. We are blessed to be in the presence of people who are pure, innocent and absolute angels living and breathing among us "normal" folk on Earth.

We are blessed to be in their company not the other way round. We can all learn great lessons and the true meaning of life from those that are different to us.

Thursday rant over. You can all go about your daily life now
Lots of love to you all,
Nicole xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment