Saturday 13 April 2013

The Lion King

It's official.
I am going to see The Lion King in The Lyceum Theatre in London- June 14th. 

Yesterday, I was feeling a little low and sad and I needed something to pick me up otherwise I was only going to get more sad as the days went on. I think the reality of having to go back to uni had really sunk in given the fact I had booked my coach ticket an hour or so earlier.

The perfect antidote to this came from my sister who sent me a text saying she had emailed me something that I might find interest of. To be perfectly honest, I thought this would've been a video of my other sister's puppy (as I have received emails of that before) but it was a website saying that there was no booking fee for tickets to The Lion King.
Out of curiosity, I looked at the prices without the intention of buying any but then I got too excited. I had looked previously (copious times) and the cheapest I had found, with relatively good seats, were £75-£100. That was far too much for me. But thankfully, these tickets were £65 and given the fact that I was already sad, I just thought "why the heck not?" I never really spend my money on things that I really want. And I've been wanting to see this show for years, no lie- at least 3 years minimum.

Also, I am turning 21 this year and graduating from Cardiff University and so I thought I would treat myself- the perfect way to do so. 
My Mum, Dad and I are all going and it's going to be so good. I already can't wait and it's not even THAT close.

I'm so excited!!

xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment