Wednesday 17 April 2013

Margaret Thatcher

Today is the day that The Iron Lady is finally laid to rest.

The funeral of our very first, and only, female Prime Minister will be one of controversy. It is well known and documented that the whole of United Kingdom is split between loving her and absolutely hating her but we must not forget that she was someone's daughter, wife and mother. Regardless of how we feel about the way she handled the country (her job), every human being should deserve respect and love on the day of their funeral. No one should have to be laid to rest with hatred following them to wherever they end up.

Whether she screwed up the country or not, the fact is our country will still be here, still in trouble of some sort and potentially still be facing a rocky future because life isn't perfect. She was a figure of historical greatness, even if simply because she was the first female Prime Minister and lead the way for more women to take control of their beliefs and stand up for what they believe in.

R.I.P Margaret Thatcher, may you live on in the hearts and minds of those that loved you.

Also, I would like to wish my wonderful Dad, a very happy birthday and hope that he has a lovely day. I'm sad that I can't be with him and my family today but I know that he understands uni beckons my attention.

Lots of love,

Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment