Tuesday 16 April 2013

Hearts and Thoughts With Boston and the World!

As if we didn't have enough evidence in life to say that it is cruel and unfair, there's just another reminder to everyone how delicate life is and how vile some people can be.

I'm pretty sure most of you have all heard about the tragedy that happened at the Boston Marathon yesterday. I couldn't fathom when I heard it how anyone could want to hurt those people but then again, that's the part that distinguishes us from those monsters. When I saw the images, the real tragedy hit home for me- how much devastation was caused and how much suffering those people were put through.

A marathon is one of the most gruelling tasks, both mentally and physically, and for those athletes to reach the finish line at all is a miracle. Someone so sadistic and evil took that achievement away from them at the moment that bomb exploded. Not only did it affect the athletes but bystanders and family members who would've been blissfully unaware of anything other than the intense feelings of pride for the athletes.

It breaks my heart to think that so many people are going through the pain of losing loved ones over something so inhumane. I know how it feels to suddenly lose someone and I wouldn't wish that on my enemy let alone innocent people. I am extending the love in my heart and the strength in my thoughts to everyone affected by the tragedy.

This is not an isolated case of devastation around the world, and nor will it be the last. There are so many conflicts and personal tragedies in the world every day and it makes me want to weep thinking about it. There is so much pain and suffering but to stop that, we need to replace it with love. For that, I extend the love in my heart to each and every single one of you, and hope that you're all well and if not, that things get better soon so that the smile that everyone loves so much can be back on your beautiful face again.

"When you're smiling, the whole world smiles with you ~ Louis Armstrong"

If anyone ever needs to talk about what they're going through, I am always here as an ear to listen, an advice giver and a friend.

Love to you all,
Nicole 
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment