Thursday 11 April 2013

Greedy Puppy

Molly is a pig.

On every other day, this is mildly annoying but today this was damn right scary. We gave Molly a Dentastix chew for small dogs and we thought she would just chew it like she had done before with other types of chews that we had given her. But this greedy puppy decided that she was going to chew it and then swallow it whole...

Enter frantic Ryan household.

She kept running round the house frantically and not breathing and there were 3 of us girls trying to stop Molly from choking and ultimately dying but we were all too scared that we wouldn't be able to help her so we screamed for our brother to come help us. We literally thought she was going to die!

Thankfully, between the 4 of us, we could dislodge the chew from her throat and we took care making sure she was breathing again before we were sure to let her go.
I've never felt fear like I had earlier.

My whole body was shaking and I thought I was going to witness her dying. She went for a walk and came back and when she gave us kisses (licks), I knew that she was 100% fine.

Molly is a pig and today we learnt that she needs to be supervised when eating things because she's a greedy puppy.
Never again do I want to feel the same fear as I did tonight.

And now we can all breathe...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment