Thursday 4 April 2013

Fail

Today was the day that I was finally going to feel useful in a situation where I'm utterly useless...

I had planned to give blood, went to the centre and found out that I was low on iron but thankfully above the level of not being able to give blood. This was such good news to me and I was extremely thankful that I was going to give blood. I had the glass of water waiting to be called for my time to be able to donate and I got into the chair, and the needle went in.

The blood didn't come out.

I had 3 nurses prodding me with the needle, pushing it in and wiggling it round to try and find the blood. For 10 minutes I was poked and prodded by the needle. It didn't come out, at all.

So now, I have 3 needles marks for nothing; no donation.

I feel as useless as I did before and now it just makes me want to cry. 

The one chance I get to being useful and I can't even do that.

Today, I'm useless like every other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment