Monday 22 October 2012

Amazon troubles

I ordered a poster from Amazon (on the right) at the start of this month hoping that it would come soon so I could make my new bedroom at Uni more of a home. If everyone knows the annoyance of having to wait ages for their item to be delivered, I have a story that will not compare to your everyday moan. I know you're all thinking that I'm just being impatient and waiting a week for something to arrive isn't long at all. But this is the part when I get to prove you all wrong and tell you how patient I actually have been.

So, on general delivery, the number of working days you have to wait is generally around 2-5, and if you're really lucky, you get to have your parcel in the 2 days and you aren't expecting it, which makes it all that more exciting. And then on the other flip side of the coin, you have to wait the full 5 days and it annoys you because whenever we see a range, we always seem to think the parcel will come earlier than it says. Anyway, a lot of rambling for something we all know. I ordered my poster with the standard delivery and so 2-5 working days was the scope I was looking at for when my poster would arrive.

Lo and behold my surprise when I got the confirmation email and said it wouldn't be arriving until 10th-30th October. Let me remind you again that I had ordered it on the 28th September. Now this was all well and good because I was hoping that it would be similar to the 2-5 working days and arrive on the 10th and I wouldn't be THAT annoyed.

But here I am still waiting....

I'm still waiting for this effing poster to arrive, and it's already 22nd October which almost marks a whole month between it being ordered and arriving. What makes this whole ordeal worse is the fact I got an email on the 4th October saying it had been dispatched but still won't arrive until the 30th October. Now, I know there is some time that needs to be taken into consideration for shipping from different countries and whatnot but a whole month? Where is my poster being shipped from? The Moon?

Anyway, the point of this blog is 1) to vent my annoyance because all I want is my poster, and at this rate I'm going to be 80 odd by the time I receive it and 2) because I got an email yesterday saying that my poster would arrive 29th October, and I mean at least that's a day earlier than I first thought, right?

I usually like ordering things online but I have to say this is ridiculous, Amazon!

Impatient and frustrated Nicole,
Hope you have a good Monday and don't let the blues get you down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment