Wednesday 31 October 2012

Happy Halloween!!

HEY!

Last night, me and my housemates had a chilled night in with pizza and a movie. I love these nights in, as I have expressed in a previous blog and due to the fact that it is in fact Halloween today (or at least last night, it was going to be Halloween tomorrow), there was nothing more fitting than watching a scary film whilst enjoying our fatty, greasy goodness! The first problem we came across was trying to find a film that we deemed scary enough. Every trailer we watched just didn't seem like it would cut the mustard, so to speak. We were looking for an 18 and the only ones we could find had a certificate of 15; which we thought just wouldn't be scary enough.

After loads of trolling through the internet, we settled for watching Insidious (the best we could find of a rather disappointing bunch of films). I remember when I first saw the trailer a couple of years back and promised myself I wouldn't watch it; I even turned down going to the cinema to see it because I was too scared of it. But sometimes, you have to face your fears, and it was Halloween; if there was ever a more appropriate time, it was now. By the time we had picked the film, all of us were starving and so we went to get our pizza and then we came home and pressed play to await the scary, horror that would freak us out to the high heavens.

From the second the film started, I have to say I was a little disappointed. I mean, don't get me wrong, there was places when I was freaked out a little, but it never really amounted to anything and then it went from a little jumpy/creepy, to almost hilarious in the attempts of scariness. I understand how fantasy needs to play out in a horror film, but come on; it was laughable. And I did laugh multiple times by how silly it all became. The whole "the further" place was totally ridiculous.

Although, it was a little ridiculous, and more creepy than scary; I did enjoy it. And I'm pretty sure I might get a few bad dreams from having watched it but it honestly wasn't as bad as I was expecting. I wasn't in the slightest petrified and I didn't jump out of my skin once. So, I guess it was a success on that front, but I did wish it had been a little scarier and tested how much I could take. I guess there's always next time. And speaking of, I would appreciate suggestions of horror, scary films in case I decide to move from my comfort zone.

I hope you are all having a super-duper, awesome, fun and completely scary Halloween. Remember everyone to stay safe. I'm off out tonight for a drunken night again, and I'll be sure to post any funny stories that might happen tomorrow. Before the drinking and partying begins, Charlotte and I will be carving a pumpkin and I'll take a picture to share :D

Happy Halloween everyone! Much love from Nicole

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment