Tuesday 20 May 2014

Baby Shower Checklist

I have recently been organising my sister's baby shower for next Saturday and I asked my friends and trolled the Internet trying to find checklists that I could use for ideas around what I need to get and have for a baby shower. We are doing a BBQ and so we are hoping that the weather stays lovely.
This is my little checklist that I made for the things that we are doing for the baby shower. If any of you are looking for some ideas, this blog might be just what you are looking for:

  1. Banners - both foil and carboard because there are some really cute gendered and neutral decorations out there.
  2. Hanging decorations.
  3. Balloons- these can be bother with helium and without because if there are kids going to be there, they love being able to play with a balloon without it flying off.
  4. Napkins, plates, cups, cultery and tablecloths- this is a must for a buffet style set up. It's also one of the things that most people forget.
  5. Confetti for the tables. We got two packs just in case but it does depend on how big your table is and where you want to put it all.
  6. A cake- made or bought. I made a trial run one last weekend but will show you a picture of the final one once I make it for this Saturday
  7. Games- baby food challenge (3 x main meals and 3 x puddings for guests to try and guess), smell the nappy challenge (place ingredients in a nappy and blindfold guests to guess what the food is), down a bottle in the quickest time, baby bingo (guests write down things they think Mum-to-be will get, as they open, guests tick off if it matches their sheet. First to get bingo, wins), guessing the weight/length/date/time baby will come, guess the amount of sweets in the jar.
  8. Letters to write to the baby. On ebay.co.uk, we found this cute idea and I think it is adorable to write a little letter to baby that one day he/she can read back. I'll leave the link in case you want it. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baby-Shower-Letters-to-Baby-Keepsake-Game-pack-of-10-/111340188161?pt=UK_Baby_Maternity_Pregnancy_MJ&var=&hash=item19ec647201
  9. Finger food and drinks
  10. And of course, lots of music and fun chats!
That's all I have for now but I'm not finished yet with organising so if I think of any more, I shall let you know. I will also take pictures of her baby shower and do a little blog on either Saturday or Sunday. Hopefully it goes well!

Love to you all!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment