Thursday 8 May 2014

The Other Woman Film Review

The other night, I went to see the film The Other Woman with my friends. It was a well needed night out because I was definitely feeling the pressure, stress and sadness creeping up on me and needed the time out to have a giggle and remind myself that life isn't that bad! And boy, did this film help me to become happy. It was absolutely, without a shadow of a doubt, one of the best films I have seen in a while. I generally find most things funny and laugh about it for a while but this film took laughter to a whole new level! 

It started with Cameron Diaz and her seemingly lovely life- I love Cameron and think she is naturally hilarious. She is everything that I would love to be as  woman: gorgeous, funny, beautiful body and so talented. She is literally a natural actress and a beautiful woman. So, with her in it, I knew that it would be pretty good. I thought when I first went to go see it that it would be an average chick flick that would be an alright film but wouldn't really be that memorable. But I was totally wrong. It was tear inducing funny.

The three actresses worked together so well that it was a match made in heaven; especially Cameron Diaz and Leslie Mann. The things they did together and the way the relationship developed was absolutely perfect. You went from sort of picking sides to loving them both and wanting them to get their own back. So as you know, the film is about a married woman, and two mistresses. The man is dating numerous women whilst being married to his wife. None of them know.... Until a fateful day. And then all hell breaks loose and the only thing that is being dished out like mini pizzas at a party is revenge.
The ending is obviously predictable but it's the ending that you look forward to- it's the whole build up and the journey that you go on as characters that makes it absolutely brilliant. I almost wet myself laughing and cried the whole way through out of laughing too much. 

It definitely is a good pick me up film to go and see and I highly recommend. I think it's absolutely wonderful and I would actually pay to go see it again because it was so funny. The humour is not only in the jokes but also in the physical  situations the characters get into with their bodies. And the funniest of all was the bathroom scenes that I literally could NOT hold it together over. I'm a little childish when it comes to toilet humour anyway but this was something else completely.
If you think you've exhausted all chick flick humour and brilliancy, you have thought wrong because this is something else and more people need to rave about it because if you haven't guessed already I love it!

It's a cringe-worthy, hilarious little ball of perfection. Good old chick flicks!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment