Friday 6 February 2015

Thank Goodness It Is Friday

There is nothing more that I am thankful about than that Friday feeling at the end of a long week settling into a sofa knowing that I don't have to move for the entire night. Not only have I just cracked open a Kopparberg but I also get to look after my little monkey of a nephew for the night. I love him to pieces.
Little round up of this week: 

1. I've really enjoyed the challenge blog this week. I've loved sharing some of my best moments and some of the pictures that I love. A photo is not really as exciting if it isn't shared with people and I've really enjoyed sharing them. I'm looking forward to the rest of the challenge. Yippee, I survived the first week! 3 more weeks to go... Let's do it!

2. This week, for some reason, has been one of the most tiring. I don't know whether it's because after all that happened with my Dad made me emotional drained or if I'm getting a little sick but the days have dragged and I've gotten home and I've been exhausted. But I'm glad this week is over and done with and next week is the last week before half term, which is very much needed!

3. I had one of my formal observations from my headteacher on Thursday and although I was really worried, I got some things I need to work on but I also got some really positive feedback mostly that I am exactly where I need to be (thankfully not below!) and that I have elements of being graded 'Good' as a teacher. Now, that doesn't sound much to non-teachers but for an NQT being graded as 'Requires Improvement' is expected by the end of the year and to have elements of 'Good' is a really positive sign!
What I'm looking forward to next week:

1. Last week before half term! I can not wait. It is a much deserved break and although it is only a week and I will probably still do loads of work but not having to get up at 6AM in the morning will be fab!

2. The last parents evening and although it is the longest, it means that my parents evenings are all finished for my NQT year which is great! I can't wait to have ticked that off my NQT bucket list. Bring it on! I have 16 appointments, which I worked out is 160 minutes of me talking non-stop. Oh deary me!

3. Fatty Friday. Each week, the girls from my key stage always go out for lunch at a cafe in town and it is much needed after a long week but next week, the girls and I have decided that to celebrate us finishing the half term we are going to have a full-on fatty Friday. We are going to the cafe as normal for lunch and then after school, we are going to go to a bar, have some food and some cocktails. I am so excited, it's beyond real!

4. And of course, the next 7 days of my photo challenge. 

The excitement is never ending!
And now, to finish my drink, have some food and probably crash out from exhaustion!

I love you and goodnight
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment