Saturday 27 July 2013

Confessions of a Blogger Tag

On Youtube, I always see Youtubers do these "tag" videos where they answer questions and then tag others inviting them to create a video where they answer the same set of questions. It was in one of my brainstorming moments that I wondered if there were any blogger tags and if I could do one for you guys. I came across many but I picked this specific one that I found Jackie Harrison do because I really liked how much the questions related to blogging and not just general life. I also added a few in myself. So here we go... 

1. When did you start blogging?
I started blogging on 13th October 2010 and called it Thoughts From The Heart. Today, I changed the name to Little Pearls Of Wisdom. I am unsure of whether I will keep this name or change it but that's the beauty of a blog, you can sculpt it to be whatever you want.

2. Have you had any past online presence (Youtube or another blog)?
No, I had previously thought about participating in Youtube with the whole vlogging (video blogging) but I'm very shy by nature and the thought of having my face out there for everyone to see scared the life out of me. It was then that I found Blogger and I thought, I love writing and I feel like I have quite important messages to translate and it felt like the perfect combination.

3. Why did you start your blog?
I started blogging about the time I first went to University as a way to track the way I felt about the new experience. I saw it as an online diary, and because I love writing so much, I saw it as a way that I could write and potentially others could read. It's so hard for writers to get their work seen, but the sheer opportunities for blogging makes it a little less scary. I didn't see it as a very important thing and I quickly got a little bored with it.

4. When did you become serious about your blog?
Initially, I became serious about blogging when I rediscovered it about two years after I created my blog. In September 2012, I thought I would give it another go and managed to keep posting fairly regularly. In 2012, I managed to post 72 blogs, which was unimaginable to me at that time. In December 2012, I made a pact to post everyday for the month of December and I achieved that. It was then that I got extremely serious about my blog and vowed to keep posting everyday for as long as I could. I am currently at 235 consecutive blogs. I am hoping to reach the goal of blogging everyday and hope that I can.

5. What was your first post?
My first post was one of my more inspiration and deep thinking blogs which was called Imperfections. It was a time in my life when I had just moved to University and was feeling all sorts of self-conscious. It was one of the blogs that was more for me than anyone else.

6. What was your most popular blog (most views)?
My most popular blog was my April's fool joke of this year titled Introducing... that has reached 118 pageviews. The best part of this blog was that I managed to fool quite a few people who read this, which just put the icing on top of the cake. It was a brilliant idea and I loved seeing the reactions.

7. Where do you see yourself in a year?
I'm hoping that I will still be blogging but I definitely don't see myself blogging everyday. There has been days where I haven't felt the want to blog but I carry on through because I know that it's one of the best things in my life. I am so proud of myself for getting this fair and who knows, maybe I will be reaching for the two year mark this time next year? It all depends on what is happening in my life, I will hopefully be a teacher and so I hope I make time for blogging for it is something I love to do.

8. What is the most rewarding thing to you about blogging?
The most rewarding thing is knowing that people religiously read your blog. I started with this venture thinking no one would want to read or if they did, they would get bored. But thankfully, I have a small following that read everyday and it warms me right down to my toes knowing that people do. It's rewarding to have people read and people like what it is you're producing. Writing is everything to me, and it means the world to know that people like my blogs.
9. What is the most discouraging thing about blogging to you?
The most discouraging thing has to be some of the lack of response. You see the pageviews and I value every single view that my blog gets but it is a little discouraging when there are no comments. It makes you wonder if people click on it and then click off it in boredom or dislike. It's one of the things that has always bothered me with everything I've posted online from blogs to stories. Everyone likes to have response to what they write but most days, I am quite happy to gauge the reaction on the views.

10. What is your lasting inspiration or motivation?
My lasting motivation has to be the pride I will feel at the end of the year blogging everyday. It's the thing that helps me to blog everyday even in the darkest days. I am always motivated to write and when I do, I try to in abundance to make the use of my passion. There are days when I have writer's block and I don't want to but when you feel like that you have to push through. With everything you love, there will be days you hate it and days you love it but the motivation to do it is that you'll feel amazing afterwards. And as always, you readers are my motivation and inspiration to keep blogging.

I hope you enjoy my blog as much as I like producing it and I also hope you liked this blog and got to know me a little better. Maybe in time, I will do a more personal blog tag! If you have a blog yourself, I tag all of you. Don't forget to put the link to it in the comments below and I shall read it happily.

Love to you all,
Nicole
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment