Thursday 25 July 2013

Throwback Thursday #9

I don't know if any of you noticed, but I missed last week's Throwback Thursday... Oops. I didn't actually realise until well into the weekend! It was because I got all excited for my graduation and I forgot the whole schedule. Never mind, there are worse things to happen. But to make up for it, I have a cute little picture for this segment...
For this blog, I have changed the game a little. I'm pretty sure you're sick of seeing my ugly mug when I was younger and have no interest in my little stories anymore and so I thought instead of having a picture Throwback Thursday, I would give you something a little different. I am going to be having a TV show Throwback Thursday for all those kids that didn't grow up with Hannah Montana, iCarly and whatever else it is that kids watch nowadays.

1. Sabrina The Teenage Witch.
This was potentially my most favourite TV show when I was little. I always wanted to be a witch and the thought of having a talking cat was just the icing on the cake. I loved Melissa Joan Hart and I thought it was such genius with great storylines and even better actors. It followed the high school witch with her friends at school, her witch aunts and all the supernatural goodness that would come through her closet door connecting the magic realm to the mortal realm. It was great! Looking back now, I think I could happily re-watch every single episode and not get bored of it.
2. Saved By The Bell.
This was another one of the high school drama filled 90s shows that encompassed everything you needed. A super hot popular guy and girl who fell in love, a really muscular guy and a smart girl that fell in love, followed by a really nerdy guy with a hot, materialistic girl who fell in love. All the great bases for a great show. It was one of those shows that I would come home from school to watch and if I remember rightly, I used to watch it before school too. It never got old and regardless how corny it was, it was unavoidably one of the best. Plus, the outfits were so cool it hurt my eyes...
3. Rugrats.
This is one of the best cartoons going and I believe it is still playing nowadays- at least I hope it is. This was one of the shows I used to watch when I was about 10 or so because quite frankly, the cartoon babies were cute and it was one of the best shows on TV. It's an old classic that you just can't help but love.
4. Tom and Jerry.
I'm so mad that this is not shown anymore. It was brilliant and I loved all the episodes that were solely based on the music. It was the music that made each episode given the fact there was rarely any talking it in. It amazes me now how amazing the melodies were to create such spectacular viewing with such simple drawings. Everyone loves watching a cat get beaten by a small mouse. There will be a day when kids have never seen Tom and Jerry and I think it'll be a very sad day at that!
5. Sister Sister
I'm not sure if any of you guys used to watch this but I used to love them. Sister Sister was about twins that were separated at birth by different people who then found one another at the age of 14. It followed their life of finding one another, and navigating through life afterwards. Obviously, one twin was smart, mature and responsible and the other twin was the less smart one with a higher need for boy attention that academic success. They had such a catchy theme tune that made me want to sing every single time the episode aired.
These shows were very much the essence of the 90s and I'd love it if you let me know which ones you watched, and which ones you didn't. Or if there were classic ones that I missed, let me know and I'll reply whether I watched them too but just forgot about them. It seems like such an age ago that these TV shows were at the top of their game and the best shows out there. Time is a crazy thing that just goes within a blink of the eye.

I hope you enjoyed this version of Throwback Thursday and if you did, perhaps I could do a version where I talk about old songs/toys of the past etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment