Wednesday 3 July 2013

Despicable Me 2 Review

Yesterday, I went and saw the Despicable Me 2 film with my best friend, Gerri. It was great to see her and I have been wanting to see this film since I realised they were making a second one. The super cute minions of the first film made me fall in love and I couldn't wait to see what they could produce for the second film. Sequels are notorious for not being a good as the original film and so I went in to the cinema with a reservation that I could be severely disappointed when I walk out of it...
But, it was so funny and so cute- definitely not a total flop compared to other sequels. Obviously, it was not as good as the first like many aren't because the novelty of the whole plot has been lost but it did manage to make me laugh and expect the unexpected. I love the twist and turns it took in terms of the minions rather than just looking at Gru and him being a villain. Most of the people in the cinema were parents and children so you can imagine some of the slight comedy of the situation when Gerri and I sat down amongst them- kids at heart.
It is not just a great family film that the children will love, but it's also a good watch for anyone who loves cartoon films and just wants to watch a lighthearted film with a cute storyline. It's one of those films that takes zero thought but is rewarding in relaxing all the stresses in life. My favourite character apart from the minions has to be Agnes just for her hilarious comical genius comments. She's so adorable and I've fallen in love with her a little bit more. I really want a little girl like Agnes because she's cute as a darn button. Plus, I wouldn't mind a minion or two to follow me around and make me laugh when I'm sad.
If you loved the first film, you'll definitely love the second and although it's not as good as the first, it's still good as a film and highly recommended! If you've seen it, let me know what your thoughts are of it.

Blog tomorrow ;)
BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
xxx

Also, I can't wait for the Minions film that is coming out soon in 2014, which will be a spin-off slash prequel to Despicable Me.

No comments:

Post a Comment