Tuesday 30 July 2013

Curly Wurly

A while back when I first had my hair cut short I wrote a blog about the trials of long hair and wanting to find a hairstyle that looks good and is quick as well as easy to do. I shall link you to that blog if you didn't read it, or if you did but want to read it again? http://nicolespearlsofwisdom.blogspot.co.uk/2013/04/trials-of-short-hair.html

Now, I think that I might have found a hairstyle for the moment that I am loving. Ever since I was a child, I have always had one hairstyle, and two at a push. All during school, I had the hairstyle of a ponytail with no fringe, just simple and sometimes, well mostly, frizzy. I wasn't a very stylish kid- not that I am now but I know a little more than I used to. Then when I got to Sixth Form, my hair started to slowly creep down and I would straighten it. It then stayed that way way into University. It's only since I have short hair now that I have experimented with it a little.

I am not coordinated but I have finally mastered curling my hair with straighteners and I have grown to absolutely love it. My hair is very thin and it lacks volume every single time I do my hair. I also have a weird thing with my fringe where it doesn't lay flat. It's so annoying. But curling my hair thankfully gives it a  bit of oomph and it also lays better than when I straighten it.
All you girls probably already know this but I shall go through it just in case you're an alien and have no clue...

1. Section off the hair into three and take small sections of hair to curl the section I have down.
2. Clamp the hair in between the straightener plates and then I curl away from my face and so twist it towards the back of my head, continuing twisting until I have twisted 180 degrees. From there, I pull straight down and then re-position the curl. 
3. Do this for the rest of my hair, and then run my fingers through it to settle the curls down before I put hairspray on it. After hairspray, I once again run my fingers through the curls so they are less poodle like, and looser. 
My favourite products are my GHD Professional Styling Straighteners, and then the TRESemmé heat protection spray topped off with the TRESemmé Salon Finish Freeze Hold hairspray!

Hope you enjoyed this blog, let me know if you like my hair curly and if you have tried this look and like it/hate it etc. Also, I want to learn how to curl my hair with some tongs but I fear my hair is too short at the moment.

Love you as always!
BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment