Sunday 28 July 2013

Twuffer Review

I have been giving this blog everyday for a year thing a bit of thought and realise that I am going to be on holiday in a couple of weeks and the likelihood of access to Internet is probably very slim. It made me think about whether  I should carry on or just give up from the inconvenience of it all. The easy option would be give up the 230 odd consecutive blogs and say I tried my best. But I've given up on a lot of things in the past and never really truly stuck to anything long enough for it to be a real achievement. Therefore, the easy option is not an option. The hardest option of course would be to pre-write all the blogs for the two weeks that I will be away and schedule them for everyday so they automatically publish for you guys!

Now that is all well and good but unless I tweet about it, there isn't always a way to see if I've updated already or not. This brings on another problem about scheduling tweets to correspond to the schedule blog posts. I had never really thought about scheduling pre-made tweets to tweet themselves but given my predicament, I have been searching the Internet for a way to do this. Enter Twuffer...
This is a service online that allows you to log into your Twitter account and schedule tweets for whichever date in the future. It then schedules the tweet and when the time and date that you specified comes, it automatically tweets without any assistance from you. I love these helpful gadgets because it makes life easier when you have something busy going on. If you know you're not going to be able to send a specific tweet at a specific time that you want, Twuffer can solve that problem.

For bloggers, like me, and also marketing people, this service is invaluable. We can't always tweet whenever we want, but this gives us the autonomy to be able to do that when we are at our busiest to keep our audience in the know and up to date. It's a marvellous invention and I'm definitely going to be using it. One of the best things about it as well is that in theory, you could schedule tweets for years in advance if you wish to. So, imagine writing a tweet as a 21 year old and having it actually tweeted at the age of 25- providing you still have the same Twitter etc.

It also allows you to see how many tweets you have scheduled at that moment and how many have sent... The easy to see dashboard shows you how many tweets are left to be automatically tweeted and the ones that have been successful. The tab along the top also usefully shows the tweets that have failed.
The only thing I am unsure about it is whether or not you need to be constantly signed into this Twuffer for it to tweet automatically. I will need to test it over the next couple of days but I know I will definitely be using this service when I am on holiday in order to continue my success at this blogging everyday and hope that it works extremely well because when I'm away I won't be able to sort it out unless I pay for Internet.

I really don't want to ruin my consecutive days because I have chosen to lounge in the sunshine but we shall see. If you use Twuffer or have a better service to schedule tweets, please let me know. Or if you have any other useful service that you think will help me, like Twuffer or Airdroid, please leave a comment below talking about it. I'm always interested in finding new apps and services that help me out tremendously.

I love you all as usual, and hope you enjoy your Sunday Bumday!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment