Friday 15 March 2013

End of an Era

For the most part, MSN was long gone from most people's lives in about 2006-2010. But for me and my group of friends, we have kept the love of MSN and continued to use it. It became out thing where we hung out online knowing that nobody else really used it anymore. It was our thing that made us quirky and cool in our own special way. 

So, you can imagine how gutted we were when we were told that MSN was closing down to merge with Skype. And today is the day that it finally come to put our baby to rest. 

It's an end of an era for us and although we have other ways that we communicate, obviously; MSN was a very big part of my childhood and even now staying in contact with each other whilst we were at uni.

All good things must come to an end and I know most of you right now are reading this thinking about your MSN days and hopefully you have good memories attached to the programme that brought so many teenagers together online. It is definitely part of every young person's past regardless whether you used it for a week, a month or a year. It revolutionised what people did online and reformulated the ideas of conversation and friendship.

MSN is and always will be my favourite way to communicate with my friends, it became our kind of communication  But unfortunately  on this day, we must bid is farewell and thank it for all the nights it kept me company. I will miss it.

RIP MSN, you served us well! 1999-2013. 13 years of Instant Messaging...

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment