Sunday 24 March 2013

Fears

Everyone has fears. It's unavoidable. There's small things that people are scared of, and then there's big, paralysing fears that interrupts people's lives. 

For me, I have a mixture of the two. I don't have a fear of small spaces or fear of the outside that regularly impacts on my life but I do have big fears that means I do certain things in my life. For you today, I thought I would give you an insight into a few of my fears- ranging from the small, to the huge. So here goes:

  Spiders
I don't like little small money spiders, I don't like long legged spiders and I definitely don't like huge, hairy spiders. If I see a spider, I will either scream for someone to come get it or spend a couple of minutes working up the courage to take my shoe and squish the little bugger. I would put a picture up of a spider, but I am scared of them and would hate my own blog...

 Heights
I have a very small fear of heights. Whenever I walk up on a ladder, my legs shake a little and I get a little scared- especially if I look down. The funny thing is that I have been up a mountain before and I've looked over the edge with this fear so it definitely doesn't stop me from living my life.
 Flying
It's not natural. I don't mind when the plane is stable in the sky reaching its ultimate height, but the take off freaks me the hell out. I don't like feeling of the initial lift off the floor knowing that there is a chance of us plunging to our death... I'm getting better than before; I promise.
 Losing people I love
This is a fear that most people possess, especially those who have family that are super close to them but it makes me really fearful of arguments and confrontation. I don't like the thought of arguing with someone I love and leaving bad words between us in case something happens and those are the last words I say to them. I fear this so much that I end up being extremely apologetic to people and worry too much. 
 Not being good enough
This is potentially my biggest fear of all time. I don't know where this stemmed from but no matter what I've achieved in my life; I never feel good enough. I don't feel good enough in terms of academic success, in terms of worthiness in family and especially in terms of romantic relationships. It's a stupid fear to have because I know that I am good enough, I've achieved lots and I've got a great family that are proud of me but it's one of those fears that no matter what you know- you can't really stop the feelings encompassing you.
What are your fears? I want to know your big fears too, not just your small ones. I think the more we know about our fears, the more we can try and change them. Some are rational and make sense and some are irrational with no sense attached to them- either way fear is a very powerful thing to humans. 

We should all take small steps everyday to overcoming our fears.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment