Wednesday 23 July 2014

Holiday With Friends

When we were 18, my friends and I went on a holiday before we all went our separate ways for University but we didn't go abroad and so this will officially be my first holiday out of the country without my parents. I absolutely loved my holiday back then, it was a lot of fun and so this holiday is going to be just as fun, I think!
For this blog, I wanted to share some of things that I'm excited about and potentially scared about for going on my first holiday abroad with my friends.

Excited for:
1. Being in the airport by myself:
This is a little weird one because I never like flying but there's something fun about being in an airport and being responsible for yourself. I probably checked for my passport about thousand times before, during and after going on the flight. I like the responsibility and I think at the airport, it'll really be one of those moments when I get so excited to be with my friends.

2. Getting drunk:
I definitely am going to be trying the different cocktails and with my parents on holiday, it's always low key nights in the hotel with a couple of drinks but with my friends, I have a feeling it's going to be so much more exciting and I definitely think I'll be drinking a bit more than I normally do. With all inclusive, you've got to take advantage of it!

3. Making the decisions:
Because I've always gone on holiday with my parents, they have always paid (thankfully) and made the decisions about where we've gone, where we've stayed and what we've done there. I have had some input but from the get go, this holiday has been completely our decisions and I've had an active part to play in choosing the destination and choosing the hotel. I also get to choose what trips we do, which is exciting. It's all about being able to have the responsibility!

4. The freedom:
Doesn't need much explaining..
Scared for:
1. Flying:
I don't like flying that much but whenever I've gone on holiday, I've always managed to be pushed on and encouraged by my family who are always very understanding. I am a little scared about going on a plane by myself without them. However morbid this is, I've always be fairly happy to get on a plane and risk it crashing when I was with my family because I knew we were together and if something happened, it would happen to us all and we wouldn't be left behind but when you're on a plane by yourself, there's a possibility that you might crash and die alone.... Just saying, these are some of my fears. It's a bit pathetic but I don't mind.

2. Too much responsibility:
As much as I like taking control and having the responsibility to make choices and be a grown up, this also scares me a little too. If something were to happen, I don't know what I would do if it was out of my expertise to handle. Having your parents there if anything is to go wrong makes you feel a little more secure. Nothing bad will happen but just the prospect of something terrible happening and being solely responsible for it.
I think the excitement of a holiday abroad without my parents far outweigh the potential fears that I have and I'm sure there's nothing that can go wrong so my scared feelings are redundant.

Have you done the holiday abroad without your parents? Most people probably have already before they are 22 but it's a big step for me this year. I'm going to have a blast.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment