Tuesday 29 July 2014

Honey, I'm Home

Wow, I've never felt this tired after a holiday than I do today but I think that it has something to do with the weird times that we flew. So yesterday, we spent the last day soaking up the Turkish sun before enjoying the time we had together before we were picked up. We were being picked up at 11PM and so it meant that none of us really had a chance to sleep. We then got to the airport at about 12:30, for our flight that was meant to be at 3:15 but ended up being delayed; like our flight on the way there (delayed 40 minutes). We didn't end up taking off until 4AM Turkish time and landing in London Gatwick at 6AM (Turkey was two hours ahead).

By that time, most of us had only slept around half an hour or an hour on the plane and that was uncomfortable. Then Mum picked us up from the airport, we went home but instead of going to sleep, I stayed up. Quite the mistake. But I couldn't not spend the day with my beautiful nephew whom I missed so much! Anyway, cutting a long story short, I had a quick nap from 5-6 and it was lovely. I fear that I will not wake up tomorrow morning from falling capture to my deliciously comfortable bed.
I had such a good time in Turkey and it lived up to my expectations and probably exceeded them. Whenever I spoke to people about Turkey, they always had mixed reviews and so I didn't have particularly high hopes for it. But it was lovely, the people were friendly and not too pushy in shops. It was brill.

Here are some of just a selection of some of the holiday snaps that we took:
On the plane going
Despite what this looks like, I do have a bikini on!


Unbeknown to this picture, I had *quite* the medical drama on this boat trip...
That's another story for another time!

On the last night!
It's good to be home but I will miss the lovely sunshine of Turkey. Such a good time!

Love you all
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment