Tuesday 22 July 2014

Turkey Facts

If you're hoping for a blog all about the bird, Turkey, then you will be in for a big disappointment. I'm not even sure if there would be anyone that wants to know that much about turkeys... They're not exactly the most exciting or prettiest bird of the bunch! But this is going to give you a little fact file about Turkey, the country, seeing as that is where I am currently sunning it up!
  • Turkey sits in two continents Europe and Asia but 97% of its land is on the Asian side.
  • Just over 80 million people live in Turkey as of July 2013.
  • The currency that Turkey uses is called the Turkish Lira.
  • The total land area of Turkey is slightly larger than the state of Texas.
  • Istanbul is the largest city in Turkey but it is not the capital. The capital of Turkey is in fact called Ankara.
  • Turkey is responsible for 80% of the whole world's hazelnut exports.
  • Santa Claus was born in Patara, Turkey.
  • "Cekoslavakyalilastiramadiklarimizdanmissiniz" is the longest word in Turkish but I have no idea what it means.
  • The Turkish flag looks like:
I've never been to Turkey before and so I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of the best experiences of my life and I'm either going to hate it or love it. But at least I can tick it off my list of places that I've been. How exciting!
xxx

1 comment:

  1. The word of Cekoslavakyalilastiramadiklarimizdanmissiniz does not accually has a menaning, it is made up work to sound very long.
    It means:Are you one of those people who we could not turn into czechoslovakian

    ReplyDelete