Sunday 3 November 2013

Baby You're A Firework

Last night, I went to the annual firework display where I live with my family. It is a family tradition of ours to go as a family, watch the fireworks and then walk home eating chips. The past couple of years, it has only been a couple of us, but there were lots of us last night bar one sister and my brother. My uncle joined in the tradition and it was a great time! My parents have taken us since we were all little as a cheap alternative to going out. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

The past couple of days, I haven't been terrible happy and I've been in a massive mood because I've just been annoyed with life and the current direction of it in general but yesterday made me happier. I get frustrated with my family and how everything has changed recently but spending the time with them all showed me how I am lucky to have them all. I just find it hard to keep pushing how I feel to the back of my mind in order to help others through the bad things they're feeling. I just needed to take some time where my feelings took priority. I neglect looking after myself for everyone else. 
And now, I'm sitting around in my pyjamas and not doing anything because tomorrow I am embarking on the journey of starting my placement. It means that today is the only day where I can stop thinking about planning and teaching and just chill doing whatever the hell I want. For tomorrow, all hell breaks loose!

Let the 7 weeks begin!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment