Monday 11 November 2013

Motivational Monday #29

I have to be honest with you guys, I don't feel very motivational today. As some of you may know, my Nan died 2 years ago and heartbreakingly, I lost my Grandad this March, which has meant that it was time to sell my grandparents house. Today, the contract for the house is being handed over to its new owners and the only home I have known for my grandparents is no longer going to be in my family. It's devastating for me to see the house go and I know people will say, it's just a house, it bears no more of my grandparents anymore and the memories are in my head and not in the house. But unless you have gone through it yourself, you won't really understand. It's not that I won't have the memories but its another part of my life that has gone- it was a way to hold onto them silly enough... It's a house I grew up in, and a house that I visited every week and laughed with my grandparents each and every time! It's a part of me and now it's gone.

But yes, that's why I don't feel very motivational or happy and haven't done for the past couple of weeks. The reality is that I'm not over the fact that I have lost my grandparents in my life. It was a difficult time when they died and I suppressed my feelings because I had to get on with university by myself. I didn't really have time to mourn with my family because I was away again and now I think reality is hitting me over again. And I can't deal with it too well. I'm getting upset and then angry and then quiet etc.

But instead of thinking negativity, I know I've got to look at life with a more optimistic outlook because negativity breeds negativity, and I need to get out of my funk. SO, this is going to try and motivate me and I hope if anyone of you are going through a tough time, it'll help you!
This beautiful quote was brought to my attention by my sister and I love it!
It may be hard to see losing someone as a positive, and I sometimes feel like it will never be but as long as I keep viewing it as the end of the world, I know I will never be able to try and move on with my life. I can continue being sad but I know that I can't let the sadness I feel overtake my life like I am at the moment.
Enjoy life. I know I just need to remember that life is still beautiful even without the two brightest stars in my life!
For more Motivational Mondays, please, take a look here:

No comments:

Post a Comment