Sunday 24 November 2013

The Hunger Games: Catching Fire Movie Review

This title might possibly be the longest one I have ever had... On Friday night, I went to see The Hunger Games and was very excited. To start this review off, I wanted to address my disappointments with the books when I read them. The first book was brilliant, the second mediocre and the third, quite frankly was a little rubbish. I think the problem was that it was difficult for the author to slow down the descriptions to really give the reader a sense of what was going on. BUT the movie made up for all the feelings of let down that I had about the books.
The film has been highly awaited from all fans of the first film and I think that the fans are not going to be disappointed when they see it. The film tackles the idea of raw survival instincts as well as the repression that is felt by people who have a higher sense of power than the rest of us. It tackles the ideas of corruption and revolution in a way that is exciting and thrilling.

I loved the first film and knew that if anyone could portray Katniss well, it would be Jennifer Lawrence and I wasn't wrong. She is such a great actress with such effortless acting that she can bring to life any small emotion. She has such a strong presence that she provides every female with a heroine that they can aspire to be like. She shows courage and bravery whilst still showing how much she cares and risks her life for others.
 I think the plot of the movie is extremely perfect for the big screen and everything came to life brilliantly. It felt like you were in the midst of the Quarter Quell with the fear racing through you as each twist and turn revelled itself. It gives you just the right amount of disturbing thoughts coupled with the excitement who might survive and who might be killed. I jumped a couple of times through the surprises that were put in it.
The Hunger Games is not just your typical film with violence in it, nor is it your typical teen film or your typical romance. They are all equally interwoven to provide a feast for each and every eye that watches it. The acting is brilliant and along with the effects that are awesome and realistic, the film can't go far wrong from being amazing. Also, you wait on tenderhooks to find out what will happen to the love triangle between Katniss, Gale and Peeta... Who's your favourite love interest for our lovely Katniss?
Unfortunately, it does leave you crawling out of the cinema in a little bit of a huff because you want it to continue on and tell you the rest of the story. But it wouldn't be a money-making blockbuster if it didn't end on cliffhanger so that you can begging for more when the next film comes out. I am definitely going to be seeing the next two films that will be coming out and eagerly await how they turn the last book, which disappointed me, into a film. I hope it doesn't let me down!

If you are wanting to see it, or are in two minds about whether you should see it or not, I highly recommend and hope that you enjoy it as much as I did!!

Definitely worth the money that I spent to go see it. Let me know what you thought of it if you've seen it. Did you love it? Hate it? Find it averagely mediocre for a big budget film? OR do you really not give a damn? Please, leave a comment below to let me know.

I love you all.
xxx
P.S:

No comments:

Post a Comment