Friday 15 November 2013

Captain Phillips Review

Last night, I saw Captain Phillips with my Dad and brother. I hadn't really been that interested in seeing it but it was the last day it was in the cinema where I live and I know my Dad had been saying for weeks that he wanted to see it. So, I thought, why not just go? And you know what? I'm really glad that we did because it was awesome. I love action films as much as the next person but I really love true story films. I think that they add so much more to a film than any fictional story can. It's one thing thinking this is a great storyline, but another to say "woah, that really happened." 

It was a rollercoaster of emotions of hope and fear, settled with a sense of resign of whether he would make it through the hostage. Throughout the whole film, I found myself shivering from the beautifully captured emotions. I really think that Tom Hanks is a wonderful, effortless actor that can transform any 2 dimensional character and make it come alive!

Also, it gives you a new light on piracy and how dangerous a job is for some people. You hear about the stories and it makes it real but everyday, you don't think about the cargo captains that risk their lives to transport cargo.
It was a masterpiece in my eyes and I really did love it. If you get a chance to go see it and love true stories, go and see it. It's an eye-opening film.

Hope you're all super glad it's Friday. I know I am. I didn't get home til quite late last night and so I was really tired today but I got through the day!

Love you all,
have a wonderful weekend!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment