Saturday 30 November 2013

Gravity Film Review

Today is the last day that marks my year of blogging for a year, and I am bringing you a lovely jubbly film review on the blockbuster Gravity with Sandra Bullock and George Clooney. I loved this film and found the eerie silence throughout only added such dimension to the film. I don't know what it's like in space, evidently, but if it is correct the way the film portrayed it, it is scary, beautiful and wonderful  all at the same time.

Although at the start the film appears the be slow and a little bit draggy in terms of nothing really happens, it's one of the best parts simply because it portrays how quiet space is given the fact sound can not pass through air/or lack of air. It also gives a brilliantly beautiful view of the Earth from above that millions of us will never be able to experience first-hand. Me, being the hopeless romantic that I am, thoroughly enjoyed the chemistry between Bullock and Clooney. I am a sucker for a happy ending but that isn't necessarily what this film provides.
What it does provide is action, fear and desolation twisted in a web of wonder, inspiration and hope. There are probably loads of space themed films out there but other than this film, I have never really been that interested in it. I just love the fact that it looks so real. It feels like you're right there with her in the mist of all the fear.
The ending is such an uplifting one and as you watch it, you think you've got it all figured out with its predictability but at the same time, there are little nuggets of gold that make you change your mind about how it might end. I applaud the wonder acting of Sandra Bullock and I've said it loads of times before but she really is a very talent actress that can take on any role and make it completely individual from any other role she's done. I love her in any film and I loved her in this one.
If you haven't seen it, please do go and see it because it is simply brilliance wrapped into an hour and a half . And if you're cool like my sister and I, you'll rock the double glasses for 3D. LOVE IT.
Now on today's agenda is:

11AM: Shopping with my very best friend, Gerri.
1PM: HAIRCUT! Exciting
2:10PM: Hopefully seeing Hunger Games again, what a great friend I am seeing it again for Gerri
And then after that I guess I need to do some work on lesson planning and whatnot... Boooo!

Also let me know what I should do tomorrow to mark the year of me blogging everyday. I haven't yet decided exactly what I want to do so please leave comments below for any suggestions.

I love you all. Thank you so much for coming with me on this wonderfully turbulent adventure. I couldn't have done it without you!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment