Tuesday 4 February 2014

Birthday Card Making

I haven't made a birthday card in years and years. But tomorrow is my friend, Jo's birthday and she's very talented with making things and so I thought I would give it a go myself. Unfortunately, I'm not a very creative person and that means that my homemade projects end up looking like something that has been done by a child instead of a fully grown adult.

I also decided to stretch myself with making a cheeky little pop up card. This was what I was doing over the weekend when I was not sleeping because of my tonsillitis. It's funny because I thought that once I had done the middle pop up part, the card was finished. But I didn't realise that I gave myself twice the work because not only did I need to be creative enough to create the pop up, the designs and the writing; I now had to decorate the front of the card too.

The good thing about having friends that are trainee teachers is that they think the childish looking cards are cute and not immature and silly. Result because my card really does look like a 5 year old could have done it. I'm sorry I'm so rubbish. I hope she likes it.

Do you like it? Think you would like it if it were your card?
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment